a a a Display Options Cymraeg
Follow Ofcom on Facebook Follow Ofcom on Twitter Subscribe to the Ofcom RSS Follow Ofcom on YouTube Follow Ofcom on YouTube

Independent regulator and competition authority
for the UK communications industries.

Search Ofcom


Digital Television Update

Digital television take-up in UK households was 92.5% in the final quarter of 2010, up by 1.1 percentage points year-on-year

Consumer survey results for the first quarter of 2011 show that take-up of digital television in UK households stood at 93.1%, up by 1 percentage point year on year.

Consumers are continuing to convert additional sets in the home. 75.7% of all secondary TV sets had been converted to digital by the end of March 2011, up by 5.2 percentage points in a year.

Taking these figures together, 83.3% of all TV sets had converted to digital television by the end of Q1 2011.

 Download full document

 Full chart pack

 CSV Data

Consumer survey results for the fourth quarter of 2010 show that take-up of digital television in UK households stood at 92.5%, up by 1.1 percentage points year on year.

Consumers are continuing to convert additional sets in the home. 75.8% of all secondary TV sets had been converted to digital by the end of December 2010, up by 6.9 percentage points in a year.

Taking these figures together, 83.2% of all TV sets had converted to digital television by the end of Q4 2010.

 Download full document

 Full chart pack

 CSV Data

Consumer survey results for the third quarter of 2010 show that take-up of digital television in UK households stood at 92.6%, up by 3.1 percentage points year on year. This figure was flat quarter on quarter.

Consumers are continuing to convert additional sets in the home. Almost three-quarters (74.0%) of all secondary TV sets had been converted to digital by the end of June 2010. This was up by 6.7 percentage points in a year and also up by 3.3pp quarter on quarter

Taking these figures together, 82.4% of all TV sets had converted to digital television by the end of Q3 2010. This was up 3.9pp year on year and also up by 2.3pp quarter on quarter. The remaining 17.6% of sets continue to receive analogue terrestrial broadcasts.

 Download full document

 Full chart pack

 CSV Data

Consumer survey results for the second quarter of 2010 show that take-up of digital television in UK households stood at 92.7%, up by 2.9 percentage points year on year.

Almost 71% of all secondary TV sets had also been converted to digital by the end of June 2010, up by one percentage point in a year but up 16 percentage points from two years ago.

Taken together, 80% of all TV sets had converted to digital television by the end of Q2 2010. The remaining 20% of sets continue to receive analogue terrestrial broadcasts.

 Download full document

 Full chart pack

 CSV Data


 

 

Consumer survey results for the first quarter of 2010 show that take-up of digital television in UK households stood at 92.0%, up by 2.8 percentage points year on year.

Over 70% of all secondary TV sets had been converted to digital by the end of March 2010, up by around 9.2 percentage points in a year. 

Taking these figures together, 80% of all TV sets had converted to digital television by the end of Q1 2010 (up 7.0 percentage points in a year). The remaining 20% of sets continue to receive analogue terrestrial broadcasts.

 Q1 2010 - Download full document

Consumer survey results for the fourth quarter of 2009 show that take-up of digital television in UK households stood at 91.4%, up by 1.9 percentage points (pp) in the quarter and 2.6% year on year.

Almost 69% of all secondary TV sets had been converted to digital by the end of Q4, up by around 8.5 percentage points in a year. 

Taking these figures together, 79% of all TV sets had converted to digital television by the end of Q4 2009 (up 6.7 percentage points on a year ago). The remaining 21% of sets continue to receive analogue terrestrial broadcasts.

 Q4 2009 - Download full document

Consumer survey results for the third quarter of 2009, the three months to the end of September, show that take-up of digital television in UK households stood at 89.5%, up by 1.4 percentage points (pp) in a year 1.

With a majority of main sets now able to receive digital TV, consumers are continuing to convert additional sets in the home. As a result over 67% of all secondary TV sets had been converted to multichannel by the end of Q2, up by around 7 percentage points in a year. 

Taking these figures together, 78% of all TV sets had converted to multichannel television by the end of Q3 2009 (up 6 percentage points on a year ago). The remaining 22% of sets continue to receive analogue terrestrial broadcasts.

 Q3 2009 - Download full document

 

Back to top

Search DTV

Stay up to date

  • Broadcast Bulletin

    The Broadcast Bulletin reports on the outcome of investigations into alleged breaches of the Ofcom codes which broadcasting licensees are required to comply.

  • Competition Bulletin

    The Competition and Consumer Enforcement Bulletin is where Ofcom publishes information about our investigations into breaches of regulatory rules under the Communications Act, consumer protection legislation, disputes between communications providers and competition law.

  • Media Literacy

    Information and educational resources on Ofcom's promotion of Media Literacy.

  • The Communications Market Report

    Ofcom's annual statistical survey of developments in the communications sector; also quarterly updates setting out the latest public facts and figures.
    View our reports

  • The Consumer Experience

    Ofcom’s annual reports into the consumer experience of the fixed and mobile, internet and digital broadcasting markets.
    View our reports